Content marketing consists of creating and distributing mainly useful and relevant content for a certain audience, to connect with them and influence their purchasing decision. Thus, it is considered a fundamental key for both SEO and Social Media web positioning.
However, some digital marketing professionals wonder if content marketing is still an effective strategy. In principle, we must know that for Google “content is king” and for users too.
Therefore, content marketing was, is, and will continue to be a good strategy, since it also helps you improve SEO, increase web traffic, improve your online reputation, increase sales, and build customer loyalty.
But, since we are living in a reality where information is shared every second, it is essential to develop a good content plan to achieve the expected results.
Therefore, it is no longer enough to create a blog and publish articles whenever we have free time, but rather to develop a strategic plan that involves the different Internet platforms.
Consumer-Focused Content Marketing
The content has to be centered around the consumer, taking into account the type of information they are looking for.
For example, information about the company, about a certain product, or simply entertainment content. All this, taking into account the platform they are on.
In short, create content for each moment and related to the field of your company, so that they find you first.
For this, it is essential to create the buyer persona and also to know each of the phases of the conversion funnel, to know when to offer information and how to do it.
What is a conversion funnel?
A conversion funnel is the representation of the stages that a user carries out from the moment his attention is captured until he makes the payment for the product or service.
Likewise, a funnel can be created for different objectives, such as: increasing sales, web traffic, subscribers to your blog, etc.
Reasons to use conversion funnels:
- Increases the chances of closing sales.
- You communicate only with interested people.
- You know better the needs of your customers.
- Helps you get results faster.
- You cultivate a better relationship with your customers.
- Optimize time and resources.
The stages of the conversion funnel:
This is where users look for answers on specific topics. For this reason, you have to create educational content that captivates, without mentioning your product or service.
At this stage, people have already become aware of their problem and it is when they begin to investigate the various alternatives that are capable of satisfying their needs.
This is when the potential customer is ready to hear about your products or services. So it is important to take advantage of the opportunity to offer them special promotions and publicize the benefits and characteristics of your products or services. Remember, the ultimate goal is to complete the transaction.
Some recommendations for creating a content plan
- Bet on podcasts: Dare to launch a podcasting channel. Always remember to nourish it consecutively with specific and attractive topics.
- Humanize your brand: A good idea would be to create a web series with characters or real situations with your company’s work team or product. And as always monitoring the results.
- Define the qualitative and quantitative indicators, which have to be aligned with the objectives of your company.
- Quality over quantity: The content must be of high quality and useful to the user, to the point that they want to receive more information.
- Periodically measure the results.
Without a doubt, content marketing is one of the essential strategies in any digital marketing campaign, as it will help you attract more qualified customers and increase your sales.
At Digital Specialist, will help you achieve your goals effectively and efficiently. Contact us and tell us your business needs, and we will gladly contact you and schedule a meeting.